Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas 2017

Christmas 2017

 
RUDY THE WONDER REINDEER


I can’t believe the last time I posted was in May.  My how time flies.  Here it is Christmas and I have just finished decorating.  Health has been a big issue this year, so decorating has been kept to a minimum. 

After looking around Pinterest for a while, I decided to paint my tree.  It is an inexpensive green plastic tree from a local craft store and not too bad looking, but I was just tired of green.  After three cans of white spray paint the tree was done, but not completely to my liking.  It is not white, it is sorta, kinda greenish-blue?  But when I added all the balls, etc. it looks quite good, and expensive.

In case this is the first time you have read me, here’s pictures of my tree from 2015 and 2016. 2015 is my "hillbilly" tree, and yes, it is in a milk can.  2016 is my “dolly” tree, those are some of my dollies I collect for Christmas.  





  










This year I decided to go a different route completely.  I call this my “glam” tree.  I am not glamorous, but I think my tree turned out perfectly. 

First picture is tree just painted.  It was pre-lighted, so I just painted the lights, too.  You can’t really tell and it gives the lights a muted quality.  In this picture, up close, it actually looks white, but in fact, from a distance it does not.  There were small pinecones already on the tree, so I painted them, too. 





This next picture is from a distance and still just lighted.  No decorations.
 
Just lights, see, it still looks sort of green.

But up close it looks white!!!




Whiter still.....


These next pictures are just various pics I took. I am not a photographer so some turn out good, others not so much.  I couldn’t decide which where the best, so I just put all of them up.  You can decide which are the best.


Here it actually looks almost blue.

But here it looks green.....

And here almost white.....

White?  Blue?  
















After I finished the tree, I continued to peruse Pinterest for ideas, and stumbled upon sites with decorated chandeliers.  Since I have a large chandelier over my dining room table, and we always eat Christmas dinner there, I decided to decorate it.  I could not have done it without the Hubster.  He is my spouse, my caregiver, my lover, my everything.  Last April we celebrated 50 years of marriage.  WOW!!!  He did an incredible job on the chandelier.  He cut the magnolia and holly (from our yard), and I had bleached the pinecones I got from my neighbor.  I affixed the balls and crystals to the chains and more crystals and he managed to get them hung up without pulling down the chandelier, or falling off the ladder.  A job well done, Hubster!!!!

 
I think this is the best picture.  I really love the way it turned out.

It's almost impossible to tell just how large this chandelier is.  It is 10 lights making it big.

Up close...clear balls, white balls, pinecones....AND CRYSTALS

Closer still

















Well, except for the snowman wreath I made, and my dollies, that’s about all the decorating I have done so far.  Here’s some miscellaneous pictures of the wreath and some of my dollies. 

 
Nativity from 1953, painted white

So easy to do and looks so good.
Raychelle Reindeer and Santa Mouse

Reinbear and Snowy



My “couch” dollies and the newest member of the family – Randolph Reindeer.  Isn’t he a cutie?  But not as cute as Rudy.


Randolph Reindeer



Yep, that’s Rudy Reindeer looking over the nativity.  He’s real nosy, has to be in on everything.  One of these days I’ll blog about Rudy’s adventures, I’ve got a whole album of him doing his “thing”. 

And Rudy


That’s all folks for now.  Wishing everyone Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, and a very, very Joyous New Year.  I’ll be back in January with something awesome, it may be food related – hint, hint……

And remember – Never give in, Never surrender and God bless.


Bizzylizzy a/k/a/ Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment